Why the East Beach of Gulf Shores?
The East Beach area of Gulf Shores is recognized for the many vacation condo buildings such as San Carlos, The Lighthouse, and Seawind. The buildings have been nicknamed, “rental power houses” due to the rental income potential. If you are searching for an affordable beach home, look in this area first. The beach cottages in this area are traditional, while some are rental investments; a lot are used as relaxing second homes.
There are plenty of wonderful restaurants to discover for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They are within walking distance from all points within East Beach. Make sure to try the Hangout and The Bacon Egg Cheeseburger, which are family focused and fun-filled atmospheres. While here, make sure to try some of the action packed activities at the the Gulf Adventure Center at the Gulf State Park located in the East Beach area. The Gulf Adventure Center offers nature tours and their zip line is one of the many popular attractions! During your time in East Beach, your family can enjoy playing poolside, fishing surfside, or enjoying the white sands and beautiful ocean; the fun and relaxing options are limitless in the East Beach area.
Where is East Beach?
The East Beach area of Gulf Shores is a mile long area that begins at Highway 59 toward the Gulf along the Gulf of Mexico.
What types of properties are in East Beach?
The Gulf facing residences are an expanse of notable condos such as The Colonnades, The Lighthouse, and Seawind. Across from the beach, you will find cottages and a few condo buildings. There are also hotels and shops to visit in the East Beach area.
What to do in East Beach?
The East Beach are of Gulf Shores is packed with entertaining activities for your whole family throughout the year!
- Perdido Key Parasailing
- Kayaking and canoeing
- Shrimpy’s Mini Golf
- Alabama Gulf Coast Zoo
- Gulf Adventure Center at Gulf State Park across the street from the Gulf State Pier
- Mardi Gras in mid to late January-early March
- The Hang-Out festival in late May
- Annual Firework Spectacular on the beach on 4th of July
- Back to school Beach bash in August on the beach
- Shrimp festival 2nd weekend in October
- Gulf Shores Halloween Family Fun Night
- Annual Christmas lighted boat parade in December
- Breakfast with Santa in December
Local places to discover in East Beach:
- The Sand Dollar
- Mo Fishing Bait and Tackle
- Surf Style
- Miss Carrie’s
- David’s Counter Culture
- Blonde John’s Surf and Skate
- Souvenir City
- Purple Octopus
- Alvin’s Island
- Scoot Around Scooter Rental’s
Trails, Parks, Fishing, and Boating:
- Gulf State Park
- Gulf State Pier
- Mikee’s Seafood: www.mikeesseafood.com, 205 E 2nd Ave, Gulf Shores, AL 36542, (251) 948-6452
- The Hangout, www.thehangout.com, 101 E Beach Blvd, Gulf Shores, AL 36542, (251) 948-3030
- Pink Pony Pub, www.pinkponypub.net, 137 E Gulf Pl, Gulf Shores, AL 36542, (251) 948-6371
- Gulf Island Grill, www.gulfislandgrill.co, 244 E Beach Blvd, Gulf Shores, AL 36542, (251) 968-4440
- Shrimp Basket: www.shrimpbasket.com, AL-59, Gulf Shores, AL 36542, (251) 948-7687
- The Steamer and Baked Oyster Bar: www.gulfcoaststeamer.com, 124 W 1st Ave, Gulf Shores, AL 36542, (251) 948-4042
- Sea N Suds: www.sea-n-suds.com, 405 E Beach Blvd, Gulf Shores, AL 36542, (251) 948-7894
- Ribs and Reds: www.ribsandredsrestaurant.com, 128 E 1st Ave, Gulf Shores, AL 36542, (251) 948-7337
- Crico’s Pizza and Subs, www.cricos.net, 309 Gulf Shores Pkwy, Gulf Shores, AL 36542, (251) 948-3100
- Old World Bakery & Pizza, www.oldworldbakeryandpizza.com, 132 W 1st Ave, Gulf Shores, AL 36542, (251) 948-3838
- Desoto’s Seafood Kitchen: www.desotosseafoodkitchen.com, 138 W 1st Ave, Gulf Shores, AL 36542, (251) 948-7294
- Coffee Merchants: E 20th Ave, Gulf Shores, AL 36542, (251) 968-2233
- Island Pancake House, 337 E Beach Blvd, Gulf Shores, AL 36542, (251) 948-2711
- Waffle House: 382 E Beach Blvd, Gulf Shores, AL 36542 (251) 948-5901
- New Orleans Original Snoballs: 320 E Beach Blvd, Gulf Shores, AL 36542
- Scoops Olde Fashion Ice Cream: 601 Gulf Shores Pkwy, Gulf Shores, AL 36542, (251) 948-4800
- Hooters: 300 E Beach Blvd, Gulf Shores, AL 36542, (251) 948-4668