Why Fort Morgan?
If you like to play golf, enjoy seclusion with things to do nearby, and visit historical sites, Fort Morgan is for you and your family. Fort Morgan is mostly undeveloped and is a quiet neighborhood in the Western area of Gulf Shores. Fort Morgan is considered charming and pleasant. The Gulf Side beach in this area is 12 and there is 15 miles of coastline on the Bon Secour bay on the North side of the Peninsula.
Where is Fort Morgan located?
Fort Morgan is the located between the Bon Secour Bay and the Gulf of Mexico. The end of the peninsula is right across from Dauphin Island and the beginning of Fort Morgan in the main land borders Wedgewood and Central Gulf Shores. This length of land also runs parallel with West Beach Gulf Shores. Fort Morgan is a peninsula that is surrounded by Bon Secour Bay, Pelican Bay, and the Gulf of Mexico.
Types of properties in Fort Morgan
You will find ocean facing homes, condos, bay-side homes, some examples are:
- Beach Club
- Gulf Shores Plantation
- Martinique on the Gulf
- The Indies
- Navy Cove Harbor
- The Rookery
Things to do in Fort Morgan
Locals to Fort Morgan enjoy the slow pace their area brings. They have all the rewards of the Bon Secour Wildlife Refuge, the beach, and the optimal Gulf Coast weather without all the hustle and bustle that the peak seasons bring. Many vacationers have made Fort Morgan their destination for the very same reasons. Here are some of the things to do and happenings in and around Fort Morgan:
- Peninsula Golf and Racquet Club
- Fort Morgan has a history program conducted daily and candlelight fort tours are held Tuesday evenings in the summertime. A Children’s Day Camp is available during the summer.
- A ferry shuttles crosses Mobile Bay daily, they shuttle people from Fort Morgan to Dauphin Island
- Guides and Enactors will explain how the Spanish used Fort Morgan in the 1500’s, then rebuilt it in the early 1800’s.
- Bird watching
- Fort Morgan holds a regular patriotic observation of Memorial Day and 4th of July
Areas of interest in Fort Morgan:
- Bon Secour National Refuge
- Childress Point
- Ewing Bayou
- Fort Morgan State Park
- Fort Morgan
- Pines Grocery and Hardware
- Shellbank Bayou
- Tacky Jack’s 2
- Micheal D’Angelo’s Pizza
- Ocean’s Pizza
- Peninsula Golf and Racquet Grill